Team Manager – Extra Care – Carlisle
Social Personnel are looking for a Team manager to support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage and grow a team of support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
Social Personnel now have an opportunity for Team Manager in Carlisle. You will have management responsibility of one of the Extra Care services, where we inspire individuals with Physical and learning disability to remain independent. As one of the management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities and complex behaviours, you’ll set, maintain and develop standards as part of the service. As manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services – all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Team Manager role, you’ll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and handle some operational management.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
- An understanding of the Extra Care agenda
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you’ll also have a full driving license and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and communication difficulties is essential
- Experience of complex physical and health needs is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support process is desirable
- Understanding of Makaton, objects of reference, communication passports is desirable
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
This care provider takes huge pride in the services that they provide. There is one vision that everyone at this provider shares, which is held together by their values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into the services – and, the people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives- here, we don’t just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it’s not about the money. But that doesn’t mean we don’t reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Their bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
- You may also benefit from the Childcare Voucher scheme, the bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
- Receive a GBP 200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they’re employed
- Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme – in recognition of your excellence
- Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice – also available to family members
- Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all the team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
- Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
- Annual Holiday allowance – Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
- Excellent training opportunities leading to career development – ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals, we’ll help you develop and progress your career.
- Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into the services – and the people. So, if you’re ambitious and committed to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities, this is a real opportunity to progress your career.