Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Salary: £8.95-£9.65 per hour
Hours: 12 hour shifts, 8am-8pm- average 42 hours per week spread over 3-4 shifts per week
The main purpose of the role:
Post holders will be inspirational role models with a great sense of humor who will build a professional & trusted relationship with young people which puts their health, safety, development and welfare first.
- Promote, facilitate and support learning both during education based lessons and through leisure and independence activities.
- Ensure that the medical needs of the young people are met at all time
- Promote and encourage independence at all times.
- Support the young person to develop independence skills such as budgeting, shopping, cooking as well as taking care of their clothes, bedrooms, personal belongings, accessing the wider community, and using public transport as part of learning independent living skills.
- Keep records accurately and up-to-date
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety procedures are followed at all times
- There will be no personal care requirements for this role.
Successful candidate qualities:
- Full UK driving license and access to your own car
- All applicants must be 21 and over to work
- Be positive and creative in meeting young person’s needs
- Be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Competent ICT skills
- Show a strong understanding of what “good care” looks like and how to put the young person’s needs first, whilst empowering them to be independent and treating them as an individual
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care which will be funded by us!
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan