Supervising Social Worker – Independent Fostering Agency – Brixton, South London – Up to £39,600
About the Role:
Are you passionate about making a positive, lasting difference to children and young people’s lives?
Do you want to work for a leading and progressive national independent fostering agency? Or perhaps you’re a social worker looking for their next challenge. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Social Personnel have partnered with this National IFA and are looking for an experienced social worker to join the team in Brixton.
You’ll share their commitment to delivering high quality focussed services for children, young people and support our foster parents to do this too.
You will be a registered social worker seeking to apply and expand your existing skills and knowledge in our child centred organisation. It is essential that you:
• Have an approach that is reflective and creative when working with our foster carers and young people to inspire them to reach their full potential
• Can manage your own caseload of typically 13 fostering families, giving support and guidance when necessary and help them to develop their skills.
• Committed to provide wrap around support to our foster carers by participating in an out of hours on call service.
• Passionate and want to actively contribute to the growth and development of the Fostering service.
• Have a Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) or equivalent.
• Be Social Work England (SWE) registered.
• Have worked in a fostering related social work role and /or child social care, such as a looked after children’s team.
• Have experience and can demonstrate evidence of identifying the needs of young people.
• Have a good knowledge of fostering regulations, childcare law and safeguarding issues.
• Have the ability to make objective professional assessments of children and young people.
• Have access to a car and a valid driving licence.
If you are interested in further details, please apply today and one of our Consultants will contact you to discuss the role in detail. We look forward to hearing from you!