Our client, Surrey is seeking a Social Worker to join their Learning Disabilities & Autism Team
What the role entails:
- To provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act.
- To engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene, and using professional judgement, employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence.
- The role holder will assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. They will actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate, and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- The role holder will actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- They will ensure that as part of the assessment NHS Continuous Healthcare is considered for all individuals.
- They will also assist with the duty/intake function of the team as required, providing immediate professional guidance on urgent issues, arranging immediate support to manage risk in line with a personalised approach and escalating issues of concern to more senior staff.
- Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.