Our client, Northamptonshire is seeking a Social Worker to join their Children With Disabilities Team
What the role entails:
- Carry out Initial, Core and other specialised assessments as per national guidelines and within prescribed timescales in order to formulate support plans for service users and co- ordinate their implementation or refer the case to the appropriate service area for support to child/family.
- Manage cases varying in complexity, organise packages of support to service users, assess levels of risk to their health and wellbeing and, in conjunction with them and their families /carers, monitor and review their situations so that support can be adjusted as appropriate to their needs.
- Work directly with family members providing advice and guidance. Work to empower service users, promote their participation in planning and evaluation of services to increase their levels of self-sufficiency, competence and to facilitate independence from social service assistance.
- Liaise with and take a professional lead in involving appropriate staff and agencies and cases and arrange for contact as necessary to meet the needs of service users and within the remit of the County Council. Take initiative in establishing resource, for instance, group work programmes and specialist counselling to meet the needs of service users.
- Attend and participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings, planning reviews with colleagues and relevant professional staff to assist and analyse the needs of service users and to plan care programmes in accordance with those needs.
- Ensure all information and reports relevant to work carried out is recorded, updated and completed in an efficient and timely manner and according to Directorate/legislative policies and procedures so that decisions made and acted upon are fully evidenced and provide sufficiently for audit, court or any other legitimate purpose.
- Give written/verbal evidence in court/adoption/fostering panels when required to do so, carry out all necessary planning and assessments related to proceedings in conjunction with relevant professionals, and provide and deliver evidence to support decisions and recommendations made by social services to safeguard children at risk.
- Implement actions agreed by the courts to ensure the safety and wellbeing of service users within the specified timeframe. This could be instant removal of children from their home and placement in an appropriate care or foster home or less immediate actions to secure their wellbeing and to link with colleagues in other agencies to enable successful partnership working within a climate of mutual respect
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessions covering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.