Our client, Kent is seeking a Social Worker to join their Assessment Team
What the role entails:
- Manage a caseload within a framework of appropriate reflective supervision, undertaking focused, analytical assessments, SMART plans and reviews that have clear objectives and outcome measures in order to ensure that all vulnerable children receive a service that reflects the Council’s commitment to safeguarding and putting the needs of individual children first.
- Demonstrate and model good practice that reflects a commitment to relationship and strengths based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and their families.
- Work directly with children and young people to establish their wishes and feelings, using a variety of techniques, as required.
- Use the Signs of Safety practice model in assessments and interventions with children and their families.
Maintain accurate and up to date records in line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) and use Medway Council specific recording system’s to promote effective case management.
- Prepare clear, structured and concise reports for meetings, i.e. Child Protection Conferences, strategy meetings, Looked After Children Reviews, Children in Need meetings, and court proceedings as necessary, to the required standard and within the prescribed timescales.
Keep up to date with research findings, theoretical models and innovative practice within the social work fieldin order to maintain the highest professional standards.
- Participate in regular supervision with your manager to review casework and critically reflect on, and identify any areas of learning.
Maintain a record of continuous professional development in accordance with Social Work England’s guidance.
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.