Our client, West Sussex is seeking a Social Worker to join their Assessment & Intervention Team
What the role entails:
- Evaluate and monitor progress against the planned interventions, responding appropriately to changes in circumstances or where solution is not delivering the required results.
- Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child protection planning where appropriate.
- Ensure effective implementation of department policies and procedures in line with statutory responsibilities, contributing to initiatives as required and representing the service at events and meetings and with external agencies when required.
- Develop effective working relationships and communicate effectively with those people who access or need the service, families, carers, colleagues and other professionals in order to deliver the appropriate interventions.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior colleagues. Support care providers including family aides, community support workers, sessional workers and foster carers in providing care and support for vulnerable people and their families.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken and production of case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court, panels and other agencies.
- Chair a range of meetings.
- Responsible for working flexibly out of office hours to assist customers, carers and families.
- Responsible and accountable for small expenditures.
- Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.