Our client, Kent is seeking a Social Worker to join their Adults Learning Disabilities Team
What the role entails:
- To manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- To act appropriately upon receiving referrals allocated by the team manager / senior social work practitioner.
- To engage and empower service users, their carers and their support networks and actively to elicit service user and carer feedback in order to ensure person centred interventions.
- To ensure that appropriate information is available for service users and carers
- To carry out assessments as appropriate, including carer assessments, within timescales and to contribute to or coordinate the construction of outcome focused care plans which are informed by best practice, guidance and an understanding of the organisational context
- To attend court as and when required and to prepare and present any necessary reports.
- To work in partnership with other professionals e.g. Health, in order to provide appropriate and effective services for service users and carers.
- To provide written and verbal reports as required and to assist in assessing and monitoring the implementation of plans and outcomes for service users.
- Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.