Our client, Medway is seeking a Social Worker to join their Adoption Team
What the role entails:
- Manage a high and diverse number of cases within the parameters of agreed policies and practices, together with the professional guidance and support from Senior Practitioners to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and meet their individual needs.
- Work in partnership with the child, parents and carers, Health Service including Acute and Community Trusts and with Primary Care Trusts, Education Authority, District Councils, commercial and private sector and voluntary bodies to identify, evaluate and review care plans to produce positive outcomes for children and their adoptive and foster families.
- Assist the Senior Practitioner and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks of recruiting, assessment, training and supervision of adoptive families and foster carers to a high professional standard.
- Keep contemporaneous case notes and regularly update records, reports, plans and assessments so that information and planning for the children is the most relevant and current.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development etc., and related theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service.
- Attend regular “in-house” core training courses, compile a portfolio of evidence supported by experiences in the field to achieve appropriate competency levels
- Regularly review the progress and implementation of children’s plans and update these based on new assignments or significant changes in the child or family circumstances
- Prepare applications for submission to Family Courts and represent the County Council’s Children & Families Service as and when required in Court in accordance with procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Keep up to date with research findings, theoretical models and innovative practice within the social work field.
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.