To provide a social work service to individual children and young people with a view to keeping them safe and enabling them to achieve to their fullest potential within a setting that provides legal permanence.
To work as part of a team, undertaking tasks on a duty rotational basis, and providing cover for absent colleagues.
To foster and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and partners that enable the team to work effectively.
To identify risk issues in relation to the circumstances of individual children, and to ensure that there is safeguarding in place in order to minimise risk.
– Decisions about allocating scarce resources are made.
– Equal opportunity and respect for diversity and difference is promoted.
– Social inclusion of isolated and vulnerable people is promoted.
– Abuse of vulnerable adults and children is investigated.
– Collaboration and multi-disciplinary working with other agencies is strengthened.
– Accountability for their actions through effective, accurate recording of decisions.