The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking shared staffing structure across both boroughs.
Richmond and Wandsworth Adult Social Services Department has strong values and a focus on improving outcomes to vulnerable adults and their carers. We are looking for an experienced registered Senior Social Worker who share our values and commitment, are passionate about improving lives of local residents, and are able to provide support and oversight to the front line team members.
Wandsworth Adult Social Services have implemented a Discharge to Assess model in response to the government direction regarding hospital discharges in light of the COVID19 response. Wandsworth operate a Discharge to Assess service that integrates health (Maximising Independence community therapy) and three social care teams (two hospital discharge Social Work teams and the Enablement team). This team works collaboratively to ensure that hospital discharges are safe and timely and works towards having care confirmed within three hours of receiving the referral. The work also includes assessment of care and support needs, support planning and case management.
The current Discharge to Assess model is in operation seven days per week from 8:00am to 8:00pm. The successful applicant will work some weekend shifts at an enhanced pay rate.
1. Provide professional supervision to front line staff
2. Participate in managing the duty service across St George’s Hospital and the Discharge to Assess service
3. Provide SAM oversight on safeguarding cases
4. Provide Enquiry Officer input on complex safeguarding cases
5. To independently manage a caseload
6. To arrange and undertake Care Act Assessments and make recommendations for short and long term care at home and in care home settings
7. To complete face to face assessments, including home visits, as per the Discharge to Assess guidance
8. To arrange and undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Meetings
9. To implement packages of care within a three hour window as per Discharge to Assess guidelines
10. To provide information and advice to residents, carers, health colleagues
11. Deputise for the Assistant Service Manager
12. Work in partnership with health and community colleagues
13. To make referrals to other services where appropriate
14. To participate in Continued Professional Development
15. To maintain Social Work England professional standards