Our client, Surrey is seeking a Senior Social Worker to join their Hospital Team
What the role entails:
- To provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line within the requirements of the Care Act.
- To engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene and using professional judgement employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence.
- At this level the role holder will be more autonomous. They will demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including more senior levels.
- The role holder will assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. They will actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate, and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- The role holder will actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- They will ensure that individuals, carers and families have a clear understanding of the NHS Continuing Health Care process and support where required. They will also ensure compliance with the Care Act and other relevant legislation when using advocacy services and carrying out reviews, including mental capacity assessments.
- The role holder will promote and sustain a learning culture and personal professional development through professional reflective supervision and guidance to less experienced Social Workers
- Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.