Our client, Northamptonshire is seeking a Senior Social Worker to join their Children With Disabilities Team
What the role entails:
- Carry out in depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular focus on parental capacity and capacity to change
- Recognise harm and risk indictors of different forms of harm to children relating to sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. Consider the possibility of Child Sexual Exploitation, grooming (on and offline), female genital mutilation, enforced marriage and the range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, recognising too the potential for children to be perpetrators of abuse
- Use reflective supervision, research and other guidance to recognising one’s own professional limitations and how and when to seek advice from a range of sources, including Advanced Practitioners and other clinical practitioners from a range of disciplines. The post holder will work in conjunction with senior staff and managers through available support systems (supervision, appraisal, mentoring, co-working and work shadowing).
- Navigate the family and youth justice systems in England using legal powers and duties to support families, to protect children and to look after children in the public care system, including the regulated frameworks that support the full range of permanence options. Participate in decisions about whether to make an application to the family court, the order to be applied for and the preparation and presentation of evidence.
- Seek advice and professional second opinion as required in relation to the legal issues, interventions and plans which frequently impact children, young people and families involved with statutory services.
- Use the law and regulatory and statutory guidance to inform practice decisions. Take into account the complex relationship between professional ethics, the application of the law and the impact of social policy on both
- Make realistic child centred plans within a review timeline which will manage and reduce identified risks and meets the needs of the child. Any plans devised for the child need to be evidence informed, demonstrate clear analysis and professional judgement and evaluative decision making skills. This also includes working with multi-agency partners
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessions covering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.