Our client, Northamptonshire is seeking a Senior Social Worker to join their Children In Care Team
What the role entails:
- Good understanding of working in a complex organisation such as a Local Authority, Trust or other delivery model for Children’s Services. Act in ways that protect the reputation of Northamptonshire County Council and the wider Social Work profession whilst always privileging the best interests of children. Contribute to the organisation’s role as corporate parent to children in public care
- Arrange or provide transport/escort for Service Users e.g. to health appointments, education; provide practical support including access to living aids, to families and to young people, including those formally looked after by the Authority seeking to live independently in the community
- Maintain and update case notes and other records pertaining to the child/children you have responsibility for. Write reports as required and if needed give evidence in court on factual matters
- Contribute to planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering/adoption arrangements
- The post holder could be expected to offer mentoring, work-shadowing/work experience opportunities and study towards the Practice Educator qualification and post qualifying modules. The post holder could be expected to take on Team Champion roles;for example, Signs of Safety Champion, Munro Champion etc
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults. We require you to understand and demonstrate this commitment
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessions covering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.