Our client, Northamptonshire is seeking a Senior Social Worker to join their Assessment Team
What the role entails:
- Work independently to hold and effectively manage a more complex caseload, acknowledging and ensuring appropriate levels of responsibility commensurate with the individual’s knowledge and skills
- Work directly with children, young people and families, involving all key family members and prioritising children and young people’s safety. Work using Signs of Safety methodology, which works collaboratively with families to empower them to find solutions whilst ensuring working within the policies, procedures of Children’s Services and regulatory standards
- Carry out in depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with particular focus on parental capacity and capacity to change
- Recognise harm and risk indictors of different forms of harm to children relating to sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. Consider the possibility of Child Sexual Exploitation, grooming (on and offline), female genital mutilation, enforced marriage and the range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, recognising too the potential for children to be perpetrators of abuse
- Use reflective supervision, research and other guidance to recognising one’s own professional limitations and how and when to seek advice from a range of sources, including Advanced Practitioners and other clinical practitioners from a range of disciplines. The post holder will work in conjunction with senior staff and managers through available support systems (supervision, appraisal, mentoring, co-working and work shadowing).
Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessions covering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.