Our client, Birmingham is seeking a Senior Practitioner to join their Fostering Family & Friends Assessment Team
What the role entails:
- To ensure and contribute to improving the quality of professional social work practice across the breath of the work within the Fostering Agency.
- To undertake robust Recruitment and Assessment of Foster Carers within the Fostering Agency ensuring they will meet the complex needs of the child and Young person Looked after.
- To provide a professional social work service to Prospective Foster Carers, complying with legislative requirements and in accordance with established best practice.
- To produce robust and comprehensive form F assessments on prospective foster carers in line with national minimum standards and safer recruitment statutory and legislative requirements.
- To have a technical/professional expertise and keep all electronic records up to date.
- To share/communicate a thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation, national standards, guidance, research, departmental policy and procedures.
- Have good assessment skills and be able to communicate and engage with applicants and their families to ensure safe recruitment of new foster carers.
- Know someone that may suit this role? There could be £600 in it for you! Email with your friends details and the role specified and once they’re onboarded you will receive the reward!
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Must have completed ASYE
What’s more, is that we offer support towards your CPD Fund. We can provide you with up to 8 hours of CPD sessionscovering a variety of topics, allowing you to worry less about those dreaded requirements! We’re here to help you make you mark.
Some more about Social Personnel and what you can expect from us:
Social Personnel opened its doors in 2014 with two guiding principles, the right person in the right role, and the start of your new role is the start of our relationship.
Since then, we have gone on to become one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK because we focus on our social workers, understanding the challenging circumstances they face daily, and go out of our way to support them personally and professionally.
Our consultants are well placed to offer career advice and our Customer Relations Team are here to support them whatever the issue, query or just to have a rant at the end of a bad day!
We treat our social work colleagues honestly, fairly and with respect, ensuring that we achieve a higher standard of recruitment. This is a target we set for ourselves, both individually, and as a business.