Senior Occupational Therapist – Milton Keynes – Up to £38,000
Social Personnel are delighted to be working with a leading national charity to help recruit for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the team at Thomas Edward Mitton House, working with 16 adults with acquired brain injury, providing care, support and rehabilitation in this purpose-built centre, where they aim to support our service users to be as independent as possible.
In this role you will be working as part of an inter-disciplinary team providing occupational therapy input in the assessment and treatment of the service users with complex physical, mental and emotional health needs. Using your knowledge and skills, you will engage service users in the therapeutic process and discharge planning.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist you will liaise with internal and external professionals, family members and service users. You will work flexibly and creatively as an autonomous professional in a specialist clinical setting. Actively participating in regular clinical supervision is also part of this role to reflect on clinical practice and clinical reasoning.
Main duties will include:
Working as an independent clinical professional with knowledge of skills, problem solving and clinical reasoning in a specialist area. With support and supervision, you will learn to prioritise a case load of service users with complex mental/physical health needs and/or challenging behaviour. You will used evidence-based service user centred principles and clinical reasoning to assess, plan, implement and evaluate intervention in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
You will also contribute to the training, education and development of others when required. You will supervise other members of staff, e.g. Occupational therapy assistants and Rehabilitation support workers in carrying out the occupational therapy programmes. Lastly, you will assess and monitor the provision of this, e.g. aids and assisted technology.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A degree in Occupational Therapy
– Practice Placement qualification (Masters Level) or willingness to undertake this qualification within the first year
– Evidence of continuing professional development
– Previous experience working in an interdisciplinary team
– A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
– Experience working within an in-patient/ residential setting
– A Valid UK driving licence is desirable
– Experience supervising/training others is also desirable
Benefits will include:
– Salary from £38,000 DOE
– 38 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays)
– Life assurance
– Employer pension contribution
– Nationwide staff benefits