Social Personnel are looking for a part time Registered Mental Health Nurse (18 hours per week) to join the team in Rainham to support adults with mild learning disabilities, mental health needs, schizophrenia, physical needs and behaviours that challenge. Some people will also require support with a suprapubic catheter.
Work 18 hours part time across the 7 day week between 8am – 5pm. Shifts are on a rota basis and would change weekly so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly
Due to the nature of this role it is desirable for the successful applicant to hold a full valid UK driving licence.
The nursing needs of the people living at Glebe House are defined as;
- Monitoring service users’ mental wellbeing and instigating the appropriate action to ensure that mental wellbeing is maintained.
- Ensuring that the service users receive their depot injections.
Tasks associated with the nursing needs are;
- Ordering medication.
- Chasing up on any medication associated queries.
- Checking received medication for accuracy.
- Administering medication.
- Carrying out weekly medication audits.
- Carrying out along with the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager Staff medication assessments.
- Administering depot injections as per the MARS records.
- Maintaining daily records on the mental wellbeing of people supported including the recording of any action taken.
- Writing up CPA reports.
- Attending CPA meetings and feeding back relevant issues to the team.
- Attending relevant appointments with people supported in agreement with the shift leader.
- Updating support plans and risk assessments with particular relevance to plans relating to mental wellbeing.
Nurses will still be required to undertake all other tasks as previously required including the daily support needs of people supported, being part of a key worker team, various banking tasks and working with the shift leader to ensure that the daily support happens as required.
As well as sharing our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, to join Avenues as a Support Worker you will need to be:
- Reliable – the person you support, their family and your team will quickly learn that they can count on you.
- Creative – you see alternative ways of getting things done effectively.
- Determined – you don’t give up when things get difficult.
We offer (T&C’s apply):
- £17.00 per hour + benefits
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme