Social Personnel are looking for a Home Manager to join a Children Social Care Team in Essex.
The role is based in Service Delivery, which is the provider arm of the Health, Wellbeing and Children Social Care directorate. Service Delivery provides direct care to individuals living in their own homes across the county. The service is registered with the Quality Care Commission (CQC) and works in accordance with good practice guidance and standards.
Our Vision is to provide outstanding services and be an employer of choice with highly trained, passionate and dedicated staff.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the operational management of the service in order to ensure that the care needs of people using the service are met in accordance with the CQC standards and current legislations.
- You will provide leadership to ensure a service with a high quality person-centred focus and will promote a positive culture that is person-centred, open, inclusive and empowering.
- You will systematically monitor and review the quality of the care provided within the services to maintain high standards and take the lead on all operational Human Resource issues for the team as well as managing the budgets for the service.
What you need:
- Relevant professional qualification or considerable experience of working within the service area.
- Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Competent in a range of IT tools including MS Office and database management systems.
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
- Ability to communicate with compassion and authority in challenging situations and with resistant individuals, be able to effectively engage with people in complex situations both short-term and building relationships over time.
- Ability to manage budgets in accordance with financial procedures.
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
- Access to the best roles across the UK earlier than other agencies; Social Personnel are a top Tier 1 agency through many of local authorities and trusts nationwide
- A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
- Your weekly payment processed even if it misses the weekly approval cut-off for the 1st week – ending delays payments to you
- Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
- A market leading £250 referral bonus, for referring your colleagues to work for Social Personnel
- Highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
- Boat Parties, prize giveaways and many, many more…
If you are interested in this position please call Calvin.