MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION – ROLE SPECIFIC
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION – Head of Service
Strategic Thinking and Planning
Delivery of Results
|· Defines results, taking into account the needs of the stakeholders, delivers results on time, on budget and according to the agreed upon standards;
· Encourages feedback on performance and makes improvements based on them;
· Makes clear and considered recommendations and advice to the operations board.
· Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and their impact on others with ability to take a firm stance when a situation warrants it;
· Pursues adopted strategies with energy and commitment, managing own time well to meet competing priorities;
· Adapts quickly and is flexible to new demands and changes;
· Has in-depth knowledge and experience related to the group and knows when and how to find and use sources of expertise, within and outside the group;
· Understands the environment within which the group evolves, including regulatory frameworks and applies best practices from other sectors and organisations;
· Understands how policy impacts on operations, staff and others who may be involved with the group.
Intellect and Judgement
· Generates original ideas with practical applications and encourages creative thinking by others;
· Defends logic of own position but also responds positively to reasoned alternatives;
· Delegates decisions appropriately.
· Able to sense what other people are feeling and able to express own feelings;
· Knowing what we are thinking and feeling, how this makes us behave and understand the impact this has on others;
· Being able to handle our feelings in ways that are safe and respectful to ourselves and other people;
· Being able to support other people through emotional difficulties
The details contained in this Job Description is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the organisation and the overall objectives of the group. The nature of the agency business means that tasks and responsibilities are sometimes unpredictable therefore colleagues are expected to work flexibly when the occasion arises. Travel is expected as part of this role including travel to other Compass Community offices.