We’re looking for Female Support Workers to work with us in Tunbridge Wells supporting adults with a range of physical, mental, and behavioural support needs on both levels of this service. Within the service there are multiple teams and you will be considered for all, depending on best fit. The people we support are energetic and can participate in lots of community activities such as walking, parks, swimming, bowling, visiting cafes, restaurants and shops.
As a Support Worker you will;
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
Due to the nature of this role it is highly desirable for successful applicants to hold a full valid driving licence (manual) as some teams have access to mobility vehicles. If you are a non-driver you will still be considered for our other teams.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Various contracts available – Full time, part time or bank hours
- Shift work – days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays (24/7)
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
- No experience needed but would be beneficial
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
- Show commitment to personal and professional development
We offer our Support Workers (T&C’s apply):
- £18,000 per annum (pro rata) with complexity enhancements of £1,200 per annum (if applicable)
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme