Complex Support worker – Carlisle
Location – Carlisle
Salary – £18,005 – £22,000
Position – Full time, Permanent
To enable service users with individual needs to improve their quality of life and be part of their communities. To promote independence, wellbeing, rights, responsibilities and choice among service users. To provide day to day care and support to enable the individuals who use these services to live as independently as they wish.
- Supporting 1 female service user with complex needs, soon to be moving into the service.
Personal care required (we don’t yet have confirmation of which of our services she will be moving in to, but it will definitely be in Carlisle)
We have a mixture of fulltime and part time hours – Full time (37 hours or 45 hours) and part time positions available working on rota. (candidates need to be fully flexible to work all shifts including nights, weekends, bank holidays)
- Candidate need previous experience of learning disability and/or bipolar.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the service.
- Participating and utilising management information and information collection systems as appropriate.
- Meeting quality expectations and agreed performance criteria.
- Participating in open two-way dialogue during Performance Management meetings agreeing own task and development objectives and reviewing these and overall performance against the competency framework and skills profile for the Support Worker role.
- Participating in training and other development opportunities as agreed with your line manager.
- Ensuring good standard of housekeeping is maintained in own area
- Ensuring risk assessments are completed when appropriate
- Taking personal responsibility for own safety e.g. reporting concerns, ensuring appropriate vaccinations and eye tests etc. are obtained
- Complying with all H&S policies and procedures including serious untoward incidents and accident reporting
Service Users (Personal care)
To proactively deliver a high quality/person centred service provision that meets the needs of service users by:
- Supporting individuals with their personal care, which may include skin care, bathing or showering, shaving, oral care, intimate care and continence (including management of bladder and bowels), dressing/undressing and hair care.
- Supporting individuals with housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, washing dishes and running errands; carrying out these tasks in full when individuals are unable to do so.
- Promoting people’s rights and responsibilities
- Working as an effective member of the team
- Providing advice and information for service users and others where appropriate
- Delivering agreed support packages to quality standards
- Liaising with external professional groups e.g. GPs, Social Services, etc.
- Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
- As appropriate, supporting services users to take their prescribed medication on time assisting them where necessary
- Ensuring full risk assessments and risk management is delivered effectively.
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in line with Health and Safety requirements
- Assisting the facilitation of effective care pathways
- Supporting individuals to achieve goals and objectives as set out in their care/support plans
- Supporting and enabling individuals to access community-based services and facilities.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail over the phone then please apply with your most up to date CV so i can arrange a telephone call with yourself.